This code of conduct applies to all members of ‘The Dear Candidate Community’.
Our vision for this community is to create a global space where candidates can be accompanied on their journey towards finding a job/career that they would thrive in. We want this space to be a place where real value is shared and appreciated. Therefore all deviations (in any shape and form) from the aforementioned would not be accommodated. Now after you have found what you are looking for, our expectation is that you will stay back to help those coming after you. The fulfillment that comes with helping others fulfill their dreams is a gift that money cannot buy.
Our community is diverse, inclusive, safe and supportive. We believe in the ‘Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson (1776) which read as, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”. Therefore we treat everyone as such regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical conditions, nationality, ethnicity, religion, physical and personal appearance, politics, ideology, software preferences, level of experience, nationality or other similar characteristics.
We sincerely care about you and this is why we have created this community, therefore if you feel even a ‘tiny winy bit’ uncomfortable due certain conducts or behaviours, please come forward and let us know. Our moderators would be happy to support you.
Do you need Support?
Please contact email@example.com
The Dear Candidate Community Culture
Our culture represents our values and that which is at our very core as a community. Our global community is being built and would be built on these pillars.
- Be mindful of how you communicate and the language you use when expressing your words.
- Be accommodating and always assume the best of others.
- Address others as you would like to be addressed.
- Avoid spamming, trolling or using click-baits when communicating.
- Acknowledge your mistakes, be open to apologise and move on.
- Value feedback because at the end of the day feedback is a gift.
Friendly and Fun
- Humour is medicine to the soul so try to loosen up.
- Nobody will judge you here and we expect that you would not be quick to judge others.
- We treat each other as friends so we speak the truth in love.
- Avoid using overtly sexual nicknames or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all.
- Follow and promote peaceful resolutions in case of any form of clashes.
- Calling people out on the channels is totally forbidden. You can always contact the moderators privately in case you need them to wade in.
- Our community is not just one of those communities. We expect that community members would be ‘presently present’.
- While engaging, please consider your language and how this may impact or exclude people in socially marginalised groups.
- Support, encourage and celebrate community members when applicable.
- Be free to express contrary opinions but do it in a polite way, this is also part of engaging.
- Be open to support and help new community members as they settle into the community.